Coffin lid inscribed for a man named Nesshutefnut, a priest of the god Horus, who was the son of Iyhor and Teni. The exterior of the lid is black with yellow details including a broad bead collar with hawk-head terminals, and three columns of hieroglyphic text beneath a figure of the goddess Nut, who protects the body of the deceased. The eyes have been inlaid with white plaster.
In 1905, John Garstang and his assistant Harold Jones spent three months excavating the site of Hissaya, with an excavation team of 80 people. Hissaya was a burial place used in the Graeco-Roman Period, mainly by priests of Horus from the temple city of Edfu, which is 20 km to the north of the site. The tombs were badly preserved, and had already been excavated and looted when Garstang and Jones arrived. Among the objects they found there and now in World Museum was a Book of the Dead belonging to a man named Djedhor, and the intact burial of a priest of the god Horus called Nesshutefnut. Beside the head of the coffin of Nesshutefnut was a Ptah-Sokar-Osiris figure, a wooden stela and a canopic chest.