Charles Edgar Grisewood

Auditor and Collector of Antiquities

Charles Grisewood (born 20th Sept. 1874, died 11th Jan.1959) donated a collection of antiquities on 13 June 1930. They are mostly all Egyptian artefacts from the University of Liverpool excavations (c. 1905-1910); along with a small collection of British fossils.

Charles’s father, William Harold Grisewood (born 5th June 1845, died 15th March 1915) was head of 'Messrs. William Grisewood & Son' who were the auditors for University of Liverpool Institute of Archaeology and some other excavation committees. Charles’s mother was Mary Alice Grisewood (born 19th October 1846, died 17th February 1936). Charles Grisewood lived at Langdale, Rudgrave Square, Wallasey, Wirral. In error he is recorded as "E. C. Grisewood' in the museum records. We have no further information about him. Charles is buried in Wallasey cemetery with his mother and father.

There is an obituary for William Harold Grisewood in the Incorporated Accountants’ Journal, 1 April 1915, p. 155; and in the ‘Account’ 3 April 1915, p. 458
  • Gender
    Male
  • Relationship
    Collector, Previous owner
  • Nationality
    British
  • Born
    1874-09-20
  • Place of birth
    Unknown or unrecorded
  • Died
    1959-01-11
  • Place of death
    Europe: Northern Europe: UK: England: Merseyside: Wirral: Wallasey
  • Cause of death
    Unknown or unrecorded
Page load time: 262 ms